Chelsea vs. Porto
UEFA Champions League
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Date: Wednesday; 9 December; 2015
Kick off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Cüneyt Çakır (TUR)
- Chelsea have won their last 3 home matches against Porto in all competitions.
- English champions are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
- UCL 29-09-2015 – FC Porto 2 : 1 Chelsea
- UCL 25-11-2009 – FC Porto 0 : 1 Chelsea
- UCL 15-09-2009 – Chelsea 1 : 0 FC Porto
- UCL 06-03-2007 – Chelsea 2 : 1 FC Porto
- UCL 21-02-2007 – FC Porto 1 : 1 Chelsea
- UCL 07-12-2004 – FC Porto 2 : 1 Chelsea
Chelsea’s Premier League record: P15 – W4 – D3 – L8
Porto’s Primiera Liga record: P12 – W9 – D3 – L0
Chelsea’s last five: LDWWL
Porto’s last five: WWWLW
Chelsea team news:
- Diego Costa could come into the starting XI at Oscar’s expense after the latter was withdrawn at half time for the former on Saturday.
- John Terry may also feature alongside Gary Cahill in defence after his return from injury, with Kurt Zouma dropping out.
- Falcao has trained, but will miss out.
Porto team news:
- Dani Osvaldo is Porto’s only injury concern coming into the meeting with Chelsea.
- Julen Lopetegui will be expected to name his strongest XI for Wednesday’s fixture.
Chelsea predicted starting line-up: Courtois; Ivanović, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Matić, Fàbregas, Ramires, Hazard; Willian, Costa
Porto predicted starting line-up: Casillas; Maxi Pereira, Indi, Maicon, Layún; Danilo, Rúben Neves, Ibmula; André André, Brahimi, Aboubakar.
Players to watch: Willian & Brahimi
Prediction: Chelsea 1-0 Porto