Kristoffer Ajer has arrived in Glasgow ahead of completing a move to Celtic. The Norwegian midfielder travelled on Tuesday afternoon ahead of securing a transfer to the Scottish giants on a four-year deal.
“I’m really happy. I enjoyed it last time,” Ajer told BBC Scotland after landing at Glasgow Airport. It’s a big club, so we will see what will happen and tomorrow I will talk to them more.”
The 17-year-old spent a week on trial at Lennoxtown in January, impressing manager and compatriot Ronny Deila enough for him to recommend that the player be offered a long-term contract. Today the Bhoys have officially announced that Norwegian midfielder join the club in June, 2016.
Here are five interesting things about the Hoops new signing:
- The Norwegian, has the same agent as the Bhoys boss Ronny Deila – Tore Pedersen.
- Ajer is a member of Norwegian youth national team – he has made four appearances for the under-15 side and in his 12 appearances for the under-16 team he scored one goal. He also netted in his debut for the under-17’s.
- The former Lillestrom SK player can move as a free agent at the end of the season. He is already 196cm tall and could grow to around 2m by the time he joins the club this summer.
- Ajer can play as a defensive, central and attacking midfielder, but he once started as a centre-forward in a 4-0 loss against Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Molde FK.
- In total he scored 13 goals and added five assists for Steinar Pedersen’s IK Start, since his move from Lillestrom.