Hamilton Academical F.C. vs. Celtic F.C.
Competition: Scottish Premiership
Venue: New Douglas Park
Date: Friday; February 26, 2016
Kick off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Craig Thomson
Rony Deila’s side head to New Douglas Park tonight to face Hamilton Academical, who were demolished 8-1 by the champions at Parkhead last month and given the two sides’ respective form there is every reason the league leaders will extend their advantage at the top of the Premiership. Martin Canning’s side are in poor form at the moment. They have just won one of their last six games in the Premiership. The Accies collected just 29 points from their 27 games this season and are sitting 10th. Meanwhile, Hamilton have managed a goal in both prior meetings with the league leaders this term and in case of steady defensive performance might have a chance to draw here.
Hamilton’s Premiership record: P27– W7– D8– L12
Celtic’s Premiership record: P26– W19– D4– L3
Hamilton’s Recent form (all competitions): L-D-W-D-L
Celtic’s Recent form (all competitions): W-W-W-L-L
Previous Meeting (Last 6 matches):
SPL 19-01-2016 Celtic 8 : 1 Hamilton Academical
SPL 04-10-2015 Hamilton Academical 1 : 2 Celtic
SPL 22-02-2015 Celtic 4 : 0 Hamilton Academical
SPL 17-01-2015 Hamilton Academical 0 : 2 Celtic
SPL 05-10-2014 Celtic 0 : 1 Hamilton Academical
SPL 05-03-2011 Celtic 2 : 0 Hamilton Academical
Hamilton team news:
- Player-manager Martin Canning is not in the Hamilton Academical squad to face the Hoops after rolling his ankle in training.
- Defender Michael Devlin is back from suspension.
- Midfielder Danny Redmond is unlikely to make the game despite returning to training following a rib injury.
Celtic team news:
- Centre-half Jozo Simunovic will miss the game with a torn ligament in his knee.
- Right-back Saidy Janko has returned to the Celtic squad after ankle surgery.
- Winger James Forrest who rejected the offer of a new contract earlier this week is expected to be benched.
Hamilton predicted starting line-up: McGovern, Kurakins, Lucas, Garcia, Gordon, Lyon, Kurtaj, Mackinnon, Imrie, Crawford, Morris
Celtic predicted starting line-up: Gordon,Tierney, Sviatchenko, Boyata,Lustig, Brown, Bitton, Armstrong, Rogic, McGregor, Griffiths
Match facts (via WhoScored):
- Celtic have won 12 of their last 14 matches against Hamilton Academical in all competitions.
- Celtic are undefeated in 34 of their last 37 matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored inCeltic‘s last 6 away games (Premier League).
- Hamilton Academical have failed to win their last9 home matches (Premier League).
Prediction: Hamilton 1-2 Celtic