Partick Thistle vs Celtic
Competition: Scottish Premiership
Venue: Firhill Stadium
Date: Saturday; March 12; 2016
Kick off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: Stephen Finnie
Partick Thistle host Celtic at Firhill Stadium in the SPFL Ladbrokes Premiership this weekend. The Hoops have won both meetings the sides have contested so far this season, but are still nervously looking over their shoulder this season and cannot afford to drop any points against Alan Archibald’s man.
Ronny Deila’s side have collected a points total of 63 thanks to a record of 19 wins, six draws and three defeats. They lead Aberdeen by just one point, although they do have a game in hand.
Celtic’s recent form has not been the best with back-to-back draws against Hamilton Academical and Dundee United, anything less than a win on Saturday will give Aberdeen the opportunity to go top later in the day when they host Kilmarnock.
Partick lost three of their last five matches, sitting on eighth position of the table and need a good result to help ease any relegation worries.
Partick’s Premiership record: P28– W9– D7– L12
Celtic’s Premiership record: P28– W19– D6– L3
Partick’s Recent form (All competitions): L-L-W-L-W
Celtic’s Recent form (All competitions): W-D-D-W-W
Head to Head Stats(Last 6 matches):
SPL 02-01-2016 Celtic 1 : 0 Partick Thistle
SPL 09-08-2015 Partick Thistle 0 : 2 Celtic
SPL 08-04-2015 Celtic 2 : 0 Partick Thistle
SPL 11-02-2015 Partick Thistle 0 : 3 Celtic
SPL 03-12-2014 Celtic 1 : 0 Partick Thistle
SCIC 29-10-2014 Celtic 6 : 0 Partick Thistle
Partick team news:
- Thistle midfielder Stuart Bannigan again misses out with a knee injury.
- Right-back Mustapha Dumbuya will also be absent due to ankle injury.
Celtic team news:
- Stefan Johansen (ankle) is doubtful after coming off during last week’s Scottish Cup win over Morton.
- The Hoops will be boosted by the return of midfielder Nir Bitton.
- Hitman Carlton Cole is not available as he is on personal leave.
- Centre-back Jozo Simunovic remains sidelined with a knee injury, while another defender Dedryck Boyata is suspended.
Partick predicted starting line-up: Cerny, Booth, Seaborne, Lindsay, Eliott, Osman, Welsh, Lawless, Fraser, Amoo, Doolan
Celtic predicted starting line-up: Gordon; Lustig, Sviatchenko, Boyata, Tierney; Brown, Bitton;Armstrong,Rogic, Roberts; Griffiths
Match facts (via WhoScored):
- Celtic have won their last 15 matches against Partick Thistle in all competitions.
- Celtic have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 8 away matches against Partick Thistle in all competitions.
- Celtic are undefeated in 35 of their last 38 matches (Premier League).
- Celtic have kept a clean sheet in their last 6 matches against Partick Thistle in all competitions.
Prediction: Partick 0-2 Celtic