Original source: Tuttomercatoweb
Published by: Metro, Chronicle, Daily Star
Also interested: Juventus, Lazio
Contract Until: 2016
According to the Tuttomercatoweb, Chelsea’s soon to be manager Antonio Conte wants to secure the services of Sunderland flop Emanuele Giaccherini for next season.
The Italy boss is expected to be named head coach of the defending English champions in the summer, with a deal lined up for the end of the European Championships.
Conte knows Giaccherini’s abilities very well, as they used to work together at Juventus and has marked the 30-year-old as his first signing.
- The explosive attacker is currently on loan at Bologna from the Black Cats and scored six goals in his 21 appearances in Seirie A this season. Bologna have already confirmed their desire to sign him permanently, while his former club, Juventus, and Lazio have also been linked with possible summer moves.
- Is Conte the next Chelsea boss? Even if it’s true why he would sign a player who is already failed to make an impact in English football is not very believeable.
- There are number of players at Chelsea in the Italian’s position so it’s unlikely he’ll get any chance in the starting Xl.
- Despite his relationship with Conte, his fitness could be yet another reason why the Blues won’t sign him. Emanuele is a consistent, quick, hard-working, and versatile player, but he’s been often-injured at Bologna.
- Also Giaccherini could be eager to stay in homeland to keep the place in national team and his move to Juventus or Lazio would be much more sensible.
Considering these facts, Gib Football Show concludes that the rumours claiming ‘Conte is Poised to Bring the Two-times Serie A Winner to Chelsea’ are ‘mostly false’.