Original source: The Scottish Sun
Published by: HITC, Scotsman
Also interested: Everton
Contract until: 2019
According to The Scottish Sun, Celtic are in real danger of losing young left-back Kieran Tierney in the summer as Premier League outfit Southampton are plotting another big money summer raid.
The 18-year-old, born on the Isle of Man, moved to Scotland at a young age and joined his boyhood club Celtic at the of just seven. He has enjoyed a whirlwind year after making his first team debut for the club 12 months ago — leading to a Scotland call-up in their friendly with Denmark on Tuesday. Tierney has taken Scottish football by storm, as he has made 25 appearances this season and replaced Emilio Izaguirre as Ronny Deila’s first-choice left back.
- The Saints have swooped to sign Victor Wanyama, Fraser Forster and Virgil van Dijk in each of the last three summers. However, it’s not the same story as Tierney is Scottish and Celtic fan-favorite, also he’s just 18, with bright future ahead of him and it’s expected that the Parkhead club would value him extremely highly.
- Izaguirre is expected move to MLS at the end of the season and Tierney will be the only prolific left-back in the team.
- Ronald Koeman has two quality left backs already in Ryan Bertrand and Matt Targett and it’s less likely to splash ‘big money’ to bolster this position.
- In December, Ronny Deila insisted that he wouldn’t swap Kieran for anyone – as he believes the Scot is already a World-class player and worth millions.
- ]Tierney may not be eager to leave Celtic Park, as chance to be benched and fail in Premier League is pretty high. Moreover, he has recently thanked Deila and admitted that is happy to work with the Norwegian coach.
Considering these facts, Gib Football Show concludes that the rumours claiming ‘Celtic Are in Real Danger of Losing the Fan-favourite Scottish International’ are ‘false’.