Original source: The Sun
Published by: Metro, ESPN, Fichajes.net
Also interested: Paris Saint Germain
Contract Until: 2018
According to The Sun, Diego Costa is considering a summer move away from Chelsea, with his former club Atletico Madrid ready to offer him a deal. Diego Simeone is ready to splash the cash after receiving £33.5m for flop Jackson Martinez in January, and wants Costa to re-join ex-Blue Filipe Luis at the Vicente Calderon.
Fichajes.net previously suggested that there is already work being done by both sides to ensure this deal can go through ahead of next season. Despite his fine goal scoring record at Stamford Bridge, the Spanish international often struggles in England because of his eccentric character. He has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following his red card in FA Cup loss at Everton. He’s received one red card since joining Chelsea (for reported fee fee of £32m), but has missed six matches due to retrospective bans.
- Since departure of Jackson Martinez from Atletico, it seems realistic Diego Simeone think’s about Costa’s return, but it’s less likely Chelsea will be willing to sell the star who has been key in winning the Premier League last season.
- The 27-year-old has been fine form this season as well, despite of the Blues’ struggles – he has had a hand in 25 goals in all competitions in his 37 appearances.
- It’s likely that Chelsea won’t make top four this season, but Diego has stated that he’s happy in London and also ruled out a return at the Vicente Calderón.
- Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has recently admitted he would like to bring Costa back to the club, but he accepts it will be “almost impossible” due to the difficulties of negotiating with the Blues.
- The defending English champions may feel the need to freshen things up as they prepare for the arrival of new manager Antonio Conte, but departure of the offensive leader when it’s extremely difficult to find a proper replacement is less likely.
Considering these facts, Gib Football Show concludes that the rumours claiming ‘Chelsea £32m Star Considers Exit Amid La Liga Interest ’ are ‘mostly false’.