Original source: Daily Mail
Published by: Metro, Independent
Contract at Chelsea until: June 2016
According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea star John Terry is ready to return to the England national team for Euro 2016 after setting out his demands to Roy Hodgson. The Three Lions had a mixed international break, w teeith a stunning comeback win over Germany marred by a poor home defeat to the Netherlands. Defence could be an issue for England after John Stones’ error led to a goal against the Dutch, and Hodgson has not ruled out a surprise return for Terry. Before retirement in 2012 the veteran centre-half has made 78 caps for England and netted six times.
- Terry’s experience and mentality could be very useful for England, but it reminds to be seen if he will be fit enough to play quality football during 90 minutes.
- Chris Smalling and John Stones having their best season so far and most likely they will lead the Lions in Euros.
- The 35-year-old is pretty scandalous, he has twice been stripped of the England captaincy in his career, first for an alleged affair with the partner of team-mate Wayne Bridge, and later for being found guilty by the FA of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand in a Premier League game.
- John Terry has closed the door on a return to the England team a year ago after his man-of-the-match performance at Wembley in Chelsea’s victory over Tottenham Hotspur.
- Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink has recently insisted that talk of Terry returning for England is ‘over-valued’.
Considering these facts, Gib Football Show concludes that the rumours claiming ‘Chelsea Superstar Planning a Shock Return’ are ‘false’.