Original source: Il Milanista
Published by: Express, Liverpool Echo
Also interested: Chinese and MLS clubs
Contract until: 2018
According to the Italian media outlet Il Milanista, Liverpool flop Mario Balotelli has attracted serious interest from Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning, who are prepared to offer the striker £225k per week. Currently on loan at AC Milan, the 25-year-old has struggled with a hamstring injury this season and has scored just one goal in 14 Serie A appearances.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is less likely to recall the under-fire Italian. He didn’t need him during January’s injury crisis – the club were without Danny Ings, Divock Origi and Daniel Sturridge, but Balotelli remained in Milan.
- Milan boss Sinisa Mihajlovic has slammed Balotelli, putting his future in Serie A in doubt.
- West Ham are also less likely to sign the flop, who has failed to impress in any of his chances in English football. Despite his profile, he would be an expensive risk for Slaven Bilic’s team.
- Spain and Germany always seemed unlikely landing spots. Especially if he failed at a fourth major European club. Certainly the likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and Barcelona wouldn’t be lining up for him—and like in Italy, nobody else who might actually have wanted him could have afforded him.
- Chinese clubs have already proved that they are ready to splash big money for stars like Ramires, Alex Teixeira, Jackson Martinez and Ezequiel Lavezzi, who all moved East in January.
Considering these facts, Gib Football Show concludes that the rumours claiming ‘Club Offer Liverpool Star a to Double His £110k a-week Salary’ are ‘mostly true’.