Original source: Daily Record
Published by: Mirror, Football Insider
Also interested: Southampton, Everton
Contract until: June 2019
According to Daily Record, Liverpool are attempting to sign Celtic wonderkid Kieran Tierney. The 18-year-old, fresh from an impressive performance for Scotland in midweek to add to his already glowing references, is believed to be valued between £5m and £10m by The Bhoys. Reportedly another Premier League sides like Southampton and Everton are also monitoring the defender’s progress and could make a summer move. Tierney has taken Scottish football by storm, as he has made 25 appearances this season and replaced Emilio Izaguirre as Ronny Deila’s first-choice left back.
- Tierney is Scottish and Celtic fan-favorite, also he’s just 18, with bright future ahead of him and it’s expected that the Parkhead club would value him extremely highly.
- Izaguirre is expected move to MLS at the end of the season and Tierney will be the only prolific left-back in the team.
- It’s less likely Jurgen Klopp to make a move for inexperienced player, as he probably will try to sign proven left-back for an immediate effect.
- In December, Ronny Deila insisted that he wouldn’t swap Kieran for anyone – as he believes the Scot is already a World-class player and worth millions.
- Tierney may not be eager to leave Celtic Park, as chance to be benched and fail in Premier League is pretty high. Moreover, he has recently thanked Deila and admitted that is happy to work with the Norwegian coach.
Considering these facts, Gib Football Show concludes that the rumours claiming ‘Liverpool Clear to Sign the £10m-rated Scottish International’ are ‘mostly false’.